Having a vehicle is everyone’s dream. However, keeping it maintained needs you to have some basic mechanic skills or you can hire mechanics to repair for you. To keep your vehicle well serviced and maintained, you need to invest in a ball joint tool set. This tool kit very versatile and compatible with many vehicle models. You can use this tool to remove or install ball joints, brake anchor pins, and universal joints. Before you make your purchase, you need to keep the important considerations in mind such as versatility, portability, construction, and number of tools in the set. Below is our guide with the best ball joint tools in 2023.
Table of Contents
List of 10 Best Ball Joint Tools in 2023
Last update on 2023-03-30
#10. A ABIGAIL Front End Tools Set
By: A ABIGAIL Store
Our tools set is made of quality forged steel that provides high strength for your tools and enhances maximum durability. It is a multifunctional set that allows for simple removal of popular types of arms, ball joints, and tie rods. Besides, it has a press-type ball joint separator that supports ball joint removal without damaging the boots and other parts.
It comes in a heavy-duty case with a handle and latches that enhances simple storage, carrying, and organization. The set has 5 pullers that fit many models and makes, and it is suitable for mid-size cars, compact cars, and light pickup trucks.
- Comes in a heavy-duty case
- Features a press-type ball joint separator
- Made of quality forged steel
- Versatile and multifunctional
#9. RAM-PRO Ball Joint Repair Kit
The ball joint removal kit is designed for use on all cars and light truck tires with press-fit ball joints, where it will help remove and install ball joint bearings easily. You will not have the need to remove the control arm from your vehicle when doing the installation. It is a complete set that comes with 3 receiving tubes, a jackscrew, install adapter, receiving cup, remove adapter, and an installing cup.
This kit comes in a spacious and heavy-duty case that provides all the tools with safe storage. It is designed to work for all types of cars, trucks, and vans with press-fit ball joints. The tools are made of steel that helps to improve strength and ensure durability. In addition, the repair easily removes and installs upper and lower ball joints, truck anchor pins, and universal joints.
- It has black oxide treated adapters
- Made of solid and heavy-duty steel
- Perfect for vehicles with press-fit ball joints
- Comes with a spacious and reliable carrying case
#8. Cal-Hawk 4-in-1 Ball Joint Tool Set
Our ball joint tool set is a perfect choice that suits removal and installation of press-fit parts such as ball joints. You can also use it to remove rustic and corroded parts effectively. Besides, all the tools come in a compact and lightweight case that enhances simple carrying and storage.
The set is a good choice for 4WD ball joint service/repair. While you are working, you can put the case on any surface because it is non-slip to keep it in one position.
- It has a spacious carrying and storage case
- Perfect for 4WD ball joints service/repair
- Removes and installs press-fit parts
- The case has a non-slip base for convenient operation
#7. Heavy Duty Ball Joint Press
By: Orion Motor Tech Store
It is made from heavy-duty steel with a black-oxide finish on the adapters to provide ultimate strength and durability. Furthermore, it is designed to fit 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive cars, cars, and light pickup trucks with press-fit ball joints.
It comes with a plastic carrying case with sturdy handles that makes it simple to carry, store, and enhance quick organization. The set comes with a removal adapter, receiving cup, installing cup, forcing-screw press, install cup adapter, and 1 screw.
- Comes with a plastic carrying and storage case
- Designed to fit 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive cars
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Has adapters with black-oxide finish
#6. OEM Tools Ball Joint Separator
By: OEM TOOLS Store
Our ball joint separator is built with an adjustable design to suit different size ball joints, where it has a maximum opening range of 1-1/8” and 2-1/8”. It features a strong all-steel construction that is designed to tolerate impacts and everyday use. Moreover, it has black-coated pins that resist corrosion and rusting to increase performance and longevity.
Our ball joint separator is simple to use, where you require is a 3/4” socket and grease. It comes in a case that is heavy-duty and protects the ball joint separator from impacts. The set comes with an instruction manual that allows you to operate it hassle-free.
- Needs a 3/4″ socket and grease for operation
- Comes with an instruction manual
- It comes in a sturdy and heavy-duty case
- Built with an adjustable design
- Has a maximum opening range of 1-1/8” and 2-1/8
- Features black-coated pins that resist rusting
#5. Powerbuilt 23 Piece Ball Joint
By: Powerbuilt Store
This is a perfect tool set that is suitable for most situations. It is designed to remove and install press-fit type ball joints without having to take the control arm off your vehicle. Besides, the tool set comes in a spacious case that allows you to store and carry all the sets with ease.
It comes with a step-by-step instruction guide that allows you to do your tasks hassle-free. The case has multiple compartments, where each compartment is designed to fit a certain tool to give you better organization and simple access to the tools. In addition, the sturdy and heavy-duty construction allows the ball joints to withstand everyday use and impacts.
- Comes with step-by-step installation guide
- Fitted with multiple compartments
- Features a heavy-duty and durable construction
- Comes in a spacious and durable case
- Installs and removes press-fit type ball joints
#4. Orion Motor Tech 5-in-1 Ball Joint Separator
By: Orion Motor Tech Store
This set contains 5 adjustable tools that are suitable for a wide range of import and domestic vehicles. All the tools are made of a tough and durable alloy that allows them to withstand even the toughest tasks without being damaged. You can use it to remove stubborn ball joints, pitman arms, and tie rod ends.
The separator features a versatile design that allows you to use it as a pitman arm remover, joint separator, or as a tie rod puller for import vehicles, light trucks, rear-wheel-drive vehicles, import vehicles, and rear-wheel drive vehicles. It has a case made of ABS hard plastic that suits beginner or professional mechanics. You can always keep your tools organized and secured.
- Fitted with 5 adjustable tools
- Tools are made of tough and durable alloy
- Built with a versatile design to suit different tasks
- Features a case made of tough ABS plastic
#3. OTC 7249 Ball Joint
By: OTC Store
This set comes in a sturdy case that helps to keep all your contents protected and perfectly secured from impacts and loss. It has a clamp frame that has heavy-duty materials and construction that helps to prevent in different use cases. Our kit is designed to remove and install press-fit parts such as universal joints, ball joints, and truck brake anchor pins.
The set has an installing cup, installing adapter, and receiving a cup to make all your tasks hassle-free. It has a wide range of compatibility to fit different number of vehicles and you can carry it wherever you want because it is lightweight. You can use the tool set to remove corroded or rusted parts.
- Comes in a sturdy case for organization
- Features a clamp frame with a heavy-duty construction
- Has a wide range of compatibility with a number of vehicles
- Comes with a user guide for simple operation
#2. Astro Pneumatic Tool Ball Joint Tool
By: Astro Pneumatic Tool Store
It is designed to work for all types of cars, trucks, and vans with press-fit ball joints. The tools are made of steel that helps to improve strength and ensure durability. In addition, the repair removes ball joints, truck anchor pins, and universal joints.
This kit comes in a spacious and heavy-duty case that provides all the tools with safe storage. Furthermore, you can use the ball joint kit to remove corroded and rustic parts from your car.
- Comes with 3 receiver tubes and removing adapters
- Made of heavy-duty and durable steel
- Great for vehicles with press-fit ball joints
- It comes in spacious storage and carrying case
#1. GEARWRENCH Universal Ball Joint Separator
By: GEARWRENCH Store
Our ball joint separator is simple to use, where what you only require is a 15/16” socket. It comes in a case that is heavy-duty and protects the tool from impacts. It is a great choice for separating ball joint from spindle support arm on front-wheel or domestic vehicles. The set comes with an instruction manual that allows you to operate it hassle-free.
The ball joint separator is adjustable for 5 different ball joints and it has a maximum opening capacity of 1-1/8” & 2-1/8”. It features a sturdy steel construction that is designed to withstand impacts and everyday use. You will find that it has black-coated pins that resist corrosion and rusting for durability and maximum performance.
- It features a 15/16” socket
- Comes in a sturdy and durable case
- Features an instruction manual to ease your task
- Has black-coated pins that resist rusting and corrosion
- Made of a heavy-duty steel construction
- Adjustable for 5 different ball joints
- Features a maximum opening capacity of 1-1/8” & 2-1/8”
Things to Consider when Choosing a Ball Joint Tools Set
- Portability: The ball joint tool set you purchase should be portable to give you more flexibility. The fact that you will be using it every day if you are a profession, it needs to be portable to save you from fatigue. Choose a model that comes with a carrying case with a handle. This will help your tools to stay perfectly organized, safe, and ready to take anywhere.
- Tools: Each set you want to invest in comes with a certain number of tools and you only require a specific number of the tools. Go for a set that comes with up to 10 pieces. It should have tools such as receiver tubes, 4-WD ball joint, screw, C-frame, installing cups, and many more. With different tools included, you will find it simple to do different tasks.
- Construction: Ball joints need t handle different tasks, even the toughest ones without being damaged. Going for a model that is built with quality materials is very important to assure you durability and better performance. The tools should also work on corroded and rusted parts with ease. A tool set built with a heavy-duty construction will be perfect for every day use.
If you are a mechanic or vehicle owner, having ball joint sets is very important. They will help you install parts and remove corroded and rusted parts from your car. Besides, all our models come in a quality carrying case that will enhance simple carrying and storage. You can choose any of the models because they work for different vehicle models.
Leave a Reply