Trucks are very essential if you want to carry plenty of equipment. Nevertheless, you should keep that equipment safe. To achieve this, you require having a truck tonneau cover. They are easy to install and less costly. In all honesty, nothing could beat these truck tonneau covers when it comes to safety. They make the truck look beautiful. Moreover, they are compatible with different types of vehicles.
On top of that, it is easy to maintain them. However, there are so many truck tonneau covers brands available in the market, but identifying the best is not that easy. But here are a few factors to guide you through your decision making. Choose the one that meets your requirements.
Table of Contents
List of 10 Best Truck Tonneau Covers in 2023
Last update on 2023-03-23
#10. Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau Cover
By: Pace Edwards
The Peace Edwards Truck Tonneau cover ensures serious cargo security minus giving up storage space. The switchblade features a low profile fit. As a result, it perfectly fits on your pickup. Moreover, it has a retractable top that is made from aluminum panels. This makes it strong and long-lasting. It also features a padded polymer finish to make it functional, stylish, and easy to use.
Another important feature of this truck Tonneau cover is easy installation. This is because there is no drilling. On the other hand, it is fully removable. Its full-length pull strap ensures single-handed and easy opening and closing. To conclude, it weighs 70 pounds only.
- It weighs 70 pounds only
- Offers serious cargo security and does not give up storage space
- Aluminum panel retractable top
- A padded polymer finish making it functional, stylish, and easy to use
- Easy to remove and install
- full length pull strap ensures single-handed, easy opening and closing
#9. Extang Trifecta 2.0 Truck Tonneau Cover
The Extang truck tonneau cover is easy to operate and install. The tailgate features 2 EZ-Lock clamps for keeping the cover locked. You can easily pull down the clamps to fold the cover twice. Amazingly, you can remove the whole cover within minutes to haul the brand new sofa. Next, it features a long-lasting tarp cover. Being built from lather grain fabric, it deflects water. As a result, it guards the truck bed against harmful elements.
The marine-grade material does not fade and has excellent tension. To make installation fast, the soft-folding cover comes when fully assembled. Also, you do not need any special tools. Surprisingly, it takes longer to remove than to install the box. Lastly, it weighs 30 pounds.
- Easy to operate and install
- The tailgate features 2 EZ-Lock clamps for keeping the cover locked
- A long-lasting tarp cover
- Built from leather-grain fabric to deflect water
- Its marine-grade material does not fade and has excellent tension
- The soft-folding cover comes when fully assembled to make installation fast
- It weighs 30 pounds
#8. Roll N Lock Truck Tonneau Cover
It is difficult to store your gear unless you have the Roll-N-Lock truck tonneau cover. To begin with, it is very convenient with a compact housing. With this cover, you don’t need any crossbars, bundles, or roll. Averagely, it is 7 ¼ inches deep to create enough space for storage. Its clamp-on track design ensures easy installation. This cover features the finger insulation grip for easy grasping and handling. You can simply turn the key and lever to slide open this cover slides.
Uniquely, it has a 3-inch aluminum casing with a torsion spring inside. Then again, the built-in pull strap pulls the cover back. The vinyl-over-aluminum design makes it strong. Additionally, it is very safe. The aluminum material offers a rigid and tough surface. Most importantly, the contoured hinge design ensures frictionless and smooth rotation when it closes or opens. It comes with a three years warranty.
- Effortless and secure operation
- 7 ¼ inches deep to create enough space for storage
- Clamp-on track design ensures easy installation
- Finger insulation grip for easy grasping and handling
- 3-inch aluminum casing with a torsion spring inside
- Built-in pull strap pulls the cover back
- Vinyl-over-aluminum design makes it strong
- Contoured hinge design ensures frictionless and smooth rotation when it closes or opens
- A three years warranty
#7. Undercover FX11019 Truck Tonneau Cover
It is very easy to operate the undercover truck tonneau cover. This cover features 100 percent of bed access. With this cover, you can drive safely in three positions. These include fully open, partially closed, and closed positions. You can easily fold the cover into an upright position using dual prop rods. Uniquely, it features a low profile and stylish design. This is because of the black finish that improves appearance. Also, it has the full perimeter seals for preventing the intrusion of water.
Another important feature of this cover is that it is easy to install and lightweight. It does not require cutting or drilling. Last but not least, it weighs 70 pounds. It has a warranty for three years.
- Easy to operate
- A low profile and stylish design
- A black finish improves appearance.
- Three drive safe positions
- Easy to install and lightweight
- It weighs 70 pounds
- A warranty for three years
#6. Tonno Pro Truck Tonneau Cover
By: Tonno Pro
The Tonno Pro truck tonneau cover is growing fast for good reasons. It comes when fully assembled. Therefore, it is quick to install within ten minutes or less. You do not require drilling. In a few minutes, you will enjoy protection and security for your truck bed and cargo. With three sections hinged together, it is simple to fold it until it forms a compact unit.
When you have oversized cargo, just remove it. Otherwise, if you have smaller loads, just fold it forward, and it will be locked in place. Remarkably, its top is tear-resistant. The double-sided vinyl material and powder-coated aluminum frame offer maximum protection. Then again, its perimeter features water-resistant edging to keep the water out and secure the cargo.
- Quick to install within ten minutes or less
- Its perimeter features water-resistant edging to keep the water out
- It comes when fully assembled
- With three sections that are hinged together
- Double-sided vinyl material and powder-coated aluminum frame offer maximum protection
- A compact and lightweight design
- A lifetime warranty
#5. BAK BAKFlip MX4 Truck Tonneau Cover
The BAK truck tonneau cover fits Sierra 1500 5’8in. bed and 2019-20 New Body Style Silverado GM. Most importantly, it ensures ultimate security. This is because it features durable aluminum panels. These panels latch automatically when the cover is fully or partially closed. The locked tailgate protects the cargo. Besides, it features panels with a stylish matte finish. This offers protection against scratches, marks, and UV damage.
For 100 percent of bed access, you can drive when the cover is folded, closed, or flipped up. It will not cover the third brake light. Uniquely, BAK allows one to close its tailgate when the cover is either closed or open. Furthermore, it has a rating of 400lbs. it distributes weight evenly. Equally important, it is simple to install. Last but not least, it weighs 71 pounds. The BAK comes with a warranty for five years.
- It ensures ultimate security
- A rating of 400lbs
- Panels with a stylish matte finish to prevent scratches, marks, and UV damage
- Durable aluminum panels
- Panels latch automatically when the cover is fully or partially closed
- Simple to install
- It weighs 71 pounds
- Five years warranty
#4. TruXedo Pro X15 Truck Tonneau Cover
The Truxedo truck tonneau cover is made from black woven fabric. So the fibers flutter dust and dirt off the cover as the vehicle moves. It flushes with the bed of the truck to minimize interference with the design lines for the truck. You can close and shut it to protect your cargo. Moreover, it is easy and quick to open with one finger. Simply put, the trigger latch by the tailgate driver’s side then unlock and roll its cover.
Further, it is easy to install in less than thirty minutes. This is because no drill is required. It also has a self-leveling design. Just clamp its rails onto the truck bed, and then attach the cover. Finally, roll and begin the journey. The X15 rails ensure a low profile appearance. Then again, it weighs 9.5 pounds. Finally, it has a lifetime warranty.
- It weighs 9.5 pounds
- Made from black woven fabric
- Maximum cargo protection
- X15 rails to ensure a low profile appearance
- A self-leveling design for fast and accurate installation
- A lifetime warranty
#3. TruXedo TruXport Truck Tonneau Cover
If you need a watertight truck tonneau cover, get one from Truxedo. First and foremost, it is easy to use and has an affordable price. Its cover is made from high-quality black leather material. This makes it durable and able to withstand harsh weather. Since it sits 1.5 inches above the truck’s bed, it offers a low-profile look to complement your truck. Either side of the tailgate has dual padded latches. For easy opening, unlock the latch and then cover it to the cab. With a convenient cab buckle, the cover is kept rolled uptight. Also, it is safe when the vehicle is moving.
Having a pre-set tension control, the roll-up cover cannot move or flap while you’re on the highway. You need to adjust its tension manually to make the cover tight and good looking. Apart from being easy to operate, this covers also removable within seconds. Most importantly, the built-in crossbar safeguards it from heavy snow, especially during winter.
- High-quality black leather material to withstand harsh weather
- Easy to operate and remove
- It sits 1.5 inches above the bed of the truck
- Built-in crossbar safeguards it from heavy snow especially during winter
- Convenient cab buckle
- Has a pre-set tension control prevents flapping of the roll-up cover
#2. MaxMate Truck Tonneau Cover
The MaxMate truck tonneau cover is made from quality materials. Since no drilling is needed, it is easy to install this cover. Its customized fit gives your vehicle a stylish and sleek appearance. Also, it saves about 13 percent in gas usage. In addition to that, the double-coated cover offers protection. You can seal it also using Velcro strip found on the sides and the latch lock system located at the tailgate. Uniquely, it has the tension systems which can be adjusted to make the cover tight.
The 24oz. Marine-grade vinyl and inbuilt horizontal crossbars offer support. Nevertheless, it does not match with models that have a ram box. Remarkably, it features a bed length of 5.7 feet. To conclude, it has ten years warranty.
- Made from quality aluminum material
- Easy to install minus drilling
- Customized fit that gives your vehicle a stylish and sleek appearance
- The double-coated cover offers protection
- Tension systems which can be adjusted to make the cover tight
- Inbuilt horizontal crossbars to ensure support
- Bed length of 5.7 feet
- Warranty for ten years
#1. Tyger Auto Truck Tonneau Cover
By: Tyger Auto
This truck tonneau cover from Tyger Auto meets the OE quality standards. Furthermore, it is simple to install. This is because of the steel clamps. It also folds easily to allow for speedy access to the bed of the truck. Most importantly, it protects your cargo. This cover features a decent look to make the vehicle attractive. Moreover, it is compatible with truck bed rails. With a sleek design, it provides 13 percent savings on average.
Equally important, it features a dual coating. It is made from a strong 24oz. marine-grade vinyl. The aluminum and steel construction makes it long-lasting. The cover works best with under-the-bedrail bed liner minus modification. Lastly, it features a lifetime warranty.
- Simple to install
- Pre-assembled horizontal crossbars for support
- Steel clamps for easy installation
- Made from strong 24oz. marine-grade vinyl
- A sleek design
- Compatible with truck bed rails
- A lifetime warranty
How to choose the best truck Tonneau Cover
- Vehicle compatibility: Since all trucks have bed liners, you should ensure that the bed liner is compatible with the cover you choose. Also, consider the type of bed, and the door crew cab’s style before you buy the truck tonneau cover.
- Weather protection: The best truck tonneau cover should be useable in all weather. This prevents the cargo from torrential rains and snow piles. Pick the one that withstands rain, hails, snow, and sun.
- Aesthetics: The best truck tonneau cover should look decent on the truck. You can use it either to protect the cargo or for aesthetics. Either way, it should match the vehicle’s outlook.
- Purpose of use: You should buy a cover that serves your purpose best. Considering safety, you need a cover that is difficult to tamper with. Also, it should be able to resist the harsh weather. If you are buying it to make your truck look beautiful, consider the design and style.
- Easy maintenance: You require choosing a truck tonneau cover that is convenient to maintain. The cover needs great care because it is an extension of the truck. Using an adequate cleanser, you should be able to clean it easily.
- Easy installation: The best truck tonneau cover should be easy to install. The process should as well take 10-20 minutes. Some models allow for clamping while others need drilling of holes. So, you need a cover that takes less effort to install.
After going through this review and the guide, you should be having a general idea of what to consider when buying the truck tonneau cover. Not only will it improve your vehicle’s appearance, but also it will keep your items safe from several external elements. These covers match with recent vehicle models. Further, they feature aluminum-coated frames and vinyl covering plus steel clamps. Therefore, it will secure your vehicle from turbulence and also improve fuel efficiency.
Leave a Reply