In every home, there is always something to do with fixing around the house, and having the best tools for the jobs is ideal. Among the tools, a heat gun is one of the best tools you can own and perform multiple applications. Heat guns are great for bending plastic pipes, dry wood, strip old paint, thawing frozen pipes, shrinking PVC, loosening rusted bolts, home improvement, and many more tasks. Besides, a heat gun looks like a blow dryer and works similarly, but the heat guns are powerful and produce a lot of heat.
When deciding on which gun to purchase, you should be careful because there are many models in the market. In our review below, we have the best heat guns that most DIY enthusiasts and professionals love.
Table of Contents
List of 10 Best Heat Guns in 2023
Last update on 2023-03-24
#10. GALAX Pro 12.5 Amps Heat Gun
By: GALAX PRO
Our heat gun features 2 heat and airflow settings that enable you to have better heat control depending on the task. It has built-in overload protection that shuts the unit down to prevent burn up. Furthermore, it has a compact and lightweight design that eases handling and comfortable use.
Resting the gun on support surfaces enables you to handle the workpiece with both hands, giving you ultimate control when working. Our heat gun comes with an instruction manual that enables you to operate the gun easily. In addition, it has an ultra-long power cord that supports a wide range of use, making your work more convenient.
- Comes with a simple to follow instruction manual
- It has 2 heat and airflow settings
- Features a lightweight and lightweight design
- Equipped with a built-in overload protection
- It features an ultra-long power cord
#9. DEWALT Heat Gun
This is a 1550-watt heat gun that can heat between 120 to 1100-degrees F, and it has a large control knob on the rear for simple control. Our gun features a built-in overload protection that shuts the heating element down to prevent burn up. It is a lightweight model that weighs 2.1 pounds, making it hassle-free for you to handle it.
It has a 10ft long power cord that gives you flexibility when doing your projects. You will find a cord protector that protects the cord from tearing away and the ergonomic grip will give you enough comfort for hours of use. Furthermore, it has a built-in kickstand that gives stability and prevents it from tipping over.
- Equipped with built-in hang rings for convenient storage
- Features a built-in overload protection
- It has a variable temperature control
- Heats between 120 to 1100-degrees F
- It is lightweight, weighing 2.1 pounds
- Features a 10ft power cord and a built-in kickstand
#8. CARTMAN Heat Gun
The heat gun measures 16.5” by 9.8” by 17”, and it is a lightweight model that weighs 1.9 pounds, making it easy to carry. It is a multipurpose gun that is great for thawing pipes, stripping pipes, and loosening floor tiles. Furthermore, it has 2 temperature settings for loosening rusted bolts and defrosting freezers.
It has 4, 100 Btu output that makes it easy to remove multiple layers of paint. The gun features a stable design that keeps standing upright and the design prevents the risk of fall down. Our heat gun is a perfect choice for paint removal, upcycling, thawing frozen pipes, bending plastics, home improvement, loosening rusted bolts, and many more.
- It measures 16.5” by 9.8” by 17”
- Weighs 1.9 pounds for simple handling
- Features 2 temperature settings
- Has 4, 100 Btu for paint removal
- Built with a sturdy and stable design
#7. Heat Gun Dual Temperature Settings
By: Neu Master Store
It is a sturdy and reliable heat gun that gives you up to 6000 hours in maximum temperature. The unit has two temperature settings; 800 & 1112-degrees F, and 2 airflow control. Furthermore, the 1500W gun heats up to a maximum temperature of 1112-degrees F and it has a DC copper motor that gives you a stable operation.
It has a 5ft power cord with a UL plug that supports a wider range of applications and it is very convenient for you to move flexibly in a large work area. The gun has a back support that gives stability when you put it down on the back, allowing you to use it hands-free. In addition, it has built-in overload protection that prevents the gun from overheating.
- It features 4 nozzle attachments
- Gives you up to 6000 hours of operation
- Has two temperature settings, 800 & 1112-degrees F
- Equipped with a DC copper motor
- It has a 5ft power cord and back support for flexibility
- Features a built-in overload protection
#6. BLACK+DECKER Heat Gun
Our heat gun features a built-in stand that allows for simple cool down and it has 2 temperature settings that will be suitable for a variety of applications. It has a compact and lightweight design that makes handling simple and you can store without taking much of your space. This tool is perfect for loosening rusted bolts, stripping paint, and many more applications.
With the cool down kickstand, you will always be protected and the unit will always be safe from overheating. Our unit comes with an extra-long cord that gives you the flexibility to move with ease when doing your projects.
- Boosts a lightweight and compact construction
- Features a built-in kickstand for cool down
- Comes with an extra-long cord
- It has two temperature settings
#5. Chandler Tool Embossing Heat Gun
By: Chandler Tool
Our heat gun has a heated body that keeps the temperature maintained and it will never have overheating problems. It has an included stand that helps to keep the unit stable when you place it on different surfaces. The heat gun is UL certified, where it is free from fire hazards and electrical shocks that can bring safety concerns.
It has a compact and lightweight size that gives you simple handling and you will not have any problem storing it as it does not take much space. The unit is designed to operate at low noise levels to give you enough comfort while working. Furthermore, the gun combines low speed/heat settings that are great for detail or delicate work and the high-speed setting is great for heavy-duty tasks.
- It features an insulated body
- Equipped with a stand for stability
- UL certified for safety and reliability
- It has a compact size and lightweight construction
- Designed to operate at low noise levels
- Features different speed settings for small and tough jobs
#4. PORTER-CABLE HEAT Gun
It has a variable speed control dial that enables you to make simple temperature adjustments. Besides, the heat gun has a hands-free stand that enables the gun to stand upright and enhance hands-free use.
It has an integrated hanging hook that makes it convenient to store your gun, and it weighs 2lbs so that you can have less fatigue when holding it. the gun has a 1500W powerful motor that provides you high heat, and the included power cord gives you more flexibility and quiet operation.
- Features a variable temperature control dial
- Equipped with an integrated hand-free support stand
- Comes with a long power cord
- Features hands-free support stand for stability
#3. SEEKONE Heat Gun
The heat gun provides strong power that heats the unit to 1202-degrees F in seconds and it will help you save time. It features variable temperature control and has a low switch on the handle to give enough airflow control. With the overload protector, your heat gun will be protected from damage and circuit.
It has an ergonomic handle design that prevents you from strain injuries and discomfort while doing your applications. The gun is an ideal choice for heating PVC, cellphone repairs, shrinking wrap, removing paint, and many more applications. You will find 4 nozzle accessories that make the heat gun a great choice for a wide range of applications.
- It powerfully heats up to 1202-degrees F
- Features a variable temperature control
- It has a low switch on the handle for airflow control
- Equipped with an overload protector
- Features an ergonomic handle design
- It boasts 4 nozzle accessories
#2. Genesis 12.5 Amp Heat Gun
It is a great heat gun that you can use for lighting charcoal grills without the need to have smelly light fluid. The package includes a reflector nozzle, air reduction nozzle, and deflector nozzles. Besides, it has a 3-position switch for high temperature and low temperature.
You will find that our heat gun has high and low-temperature settings that provide you maximum versatility to perform a wide range of tasks. The gun is powered by a 12.5Amp motor that provides enough power and you will love how it operates quietly. It has a padded handle design that guarantees you a sturdy grip, even when your hands are wet.
- Features a 3-position switch for temperature control
- It has high and low-temperature settings
- Powered by a 12.5Amp motor
- Features a padded handle design
- It has a simple to use design
#1. Wagner Spray Tech Heat Gun
By: Wagner Spraytech
Our heat gun provides 750 and 1000-degrees F temperature setting to help you complete all your household improvement projects. You can use this gun to bend plastic pipes, loosen rusted bolts, shrink wrap, soften the pain, caulking, etc. It has an integrated stand that enhances safety and hands-free operation to prevent the nozzle from touching your work surfaces.
It has two fan speeds that give you extra control to customize all your projects. The unit has a corrosion-resistant nozzle that gives you hours of use and it has a hanging hook that allows you to store it on a workbench or peg wall. In addition, you will love the non-slip handle design that gives you handling comfort.
- Gives you 750 and 1000-degrees F
- Equipped with 2 fan speed settings
- Features a corrosion-resistant nozzle
- It has a hanging hook for simple storage
- Non-slip handle design enhances user comfort
- Features a stand for hands-free operation and safety
Things to Consider when Choosing a Heat Gun
- Temperature Control: Before you purchase a heat gun, you have to keep the issue on temperature control in mind. Get a heat gun that allows for varying temperatures. Most models have two temperature settings or multiple, but it will depend on the projects you are doing. Some applications might require less heat than others and vice versa. Therefore, variable temperature allows you to use the gun for different applications.
- Safety: The safety provided by the heat gun you want to purchase is important. Most models have safety features that are reliable to give the user maximum safety and assurance when using the heat gun. Make sure it comes with a built-in overheat protection feature. This will always protect your gun from overheating.
- Nozzles: Lastly, you have to consider nozzles in the model. A good heat gun should have multiple nozzles that are interchangeable depending on your application. Most of the nozzles you will find are flat, reflector, scraper, and protector nozzles. Depending on your application, you can switch them easily. Furthermore, make sure it has multiple nozzles that will handle different tasks.
Whether you are a professional or you like doing DIY projects at home using a heat gun, you need a unit that can handle a wide range of applications. Other than that, it should guarantee you enough safety and user comfort. When looking for a heat gun for your projects, consider choosing one from our list above. Therefore, go ahead and choose a model that will work well for you.
Leave a Reply